Cannabis factory worth almost a quarter of a million pounds found near St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The St Neots Neighbourhood Policing Team has uncovered a cannabis factory in Little Staughton, thanks to a tip-off from a member of the public.
The team raided a unit on Little Staughton airfield yesterday afternoon (May 27) and found 285 cannabis plants at various stages of growth inside.
The factory is estimated to be worth up to £240,000 if all the plants had been left to reach full maturity.
No arrests have been made, but an investigation into the factory has been launched.
Police Sergeant Rob Streater, who runs the team, said: “This find has stopped a substantial amount of illegal drugs finding their way to the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“I would encourage those who have suspicions of illegal activity to report them to us, no matter how insignificant it may seem. People coming and going around the clock and blacked out windows are just a couple of things to look out for.”
Information about illegal drug activity can be reported via www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire