Cannabis factory worth almost a quarter of a million pounds found near St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The St Neots Neighbourhood Policing Team has uncovered a cannabis factory in Little Staughton, thanks to a tip-off from a member of the public.
The team raided a unit on Little Staughton airfield yesterday afternoon (May 27) and found 285 cannabis plants at various stages of growth inside.
The factory is estimated to be worth up to £240,000 if all the plants had been left to reach full maturity.
No arrests have been made, but an investigation into the factory has been launched.
Police Sergeant Rob Streater, who runs the team, said: “This find has stopped a substantial amount of illegal drugs finding their way to the streets.
You may also want to watch:
“I would encourage those who have suspicions of illegal activity to report them to us, no matter how insignificant it may seem. People coming and going around the clock and blacked out windows are just a couple of things to look out for.”
Information about illegal drug activity can be reported via www.cambs.police.uk/report or by calling 101.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village