Great Gidding school success after being granted 10k lottery money
- Credit: Archant
A local school has been granted £10,000 after being successful in gaining a lottery grant.
Great Gidding Primary school applied for funding from the Big Lottery Fund and was successful.
The grant was used to install an outfoor gym for the children, which was installed on May 17.
The school are now looking at doing a grand opening to celebrate the outdoor gym.
Due to the size of the school, the amount of money that has been granted will go a long way.
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Simpson, Office Manager at Great Gidding Primary School said:
“We are a tiny primary school, 56 children currently on roll so as you can imagine our funding is exceptionally tight. We are also limited on our outdoor space.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
“Whilst we don’t have a playing field we do have a playground and some green areas so we are tying to utilise what we have to the max.”