Grafham Water retains coveted Green Flag status
- Credit: Archant
Grafham Water Park has once again been awarded Green Flag status.
Handed out by Keep Britain Tidy, the Green Flag awards highlight outdoor spaces with well maintained facilities for visitors.
Grafham Water sees thousands of people coming throughout the year to walk and cycle the trails, go out fishing on the water, watch wildlife at the Wildlife Trust nature reserve or simply enjoy a family day out.
Jake Williams, head of recreation at Anglian Water, said: “Grafham is a hidden gem in the Cambridgeshire countryside but more and more people are discovering it.
“It is home to an amazing array of wildlife - 170 species of birds have been recorded here – and there are plenty of hides to allow visitors to enjoy it. We also get some really positive feedback from the events that are held here including triathlons, fishing competitions, Segway rides and much more.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s fantastic to see the park retaining the Green Flag status, and we would like to thank all the people who visit Grafham and help to make it the special place it is.”
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity