Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- Credit: Guy Makey
Racist graffiti has been daubed on the windows of a Chinese restaurant in Huntingdon.
Swastikas have been spayed on to the windows of The Great Wall Chinese take-away restaurant in Huntingdon High Street.
Guy Makey, who owns a shop nearby said: "I'm absolutely disgusted to discover that some loser has scrawled fascist symbols on this restaurant."
Mayor of Huntingdon, Karl Webb said: "I was disgusted to see the racist graffiti sprawled across two local shops in Huntingdon.
"This mindless act has no place in today’s society and will not be tolerated.
"I appeal to anyone with information, as to who has committed this hate crime, gets in touch with Cambridgeshire Police to help with their investigation.
"My thanks go to the members of our community that have cleaned up the graffiti, and for the many messages of support for those affected by this offensive act."
Cambridgeshire police have published a statement on their Facebook page, which read: “The Huntingdon Neighbourhood Team are aware of graffiti sprayed on the Great Wall restaurant in High Street.
“We're working with Huntingdonshire District Council and Huntingdon Business Against Crime (HBAC) to remove the graffiti and investigate the incident.
“Anyone with information is asked to contact us online or call 101 with reference 35/11991/21”
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing