Charity golf day to raise funds for cancer charity
- Credit: LASTING MEMORIES
A charity golf day has been organised for next month to raise money for Lasting Memories.
The annual Christian Capon Golf Tournament will take place at Whitehill Golf Club, in Ware, on June 1. Money raised from the event will help those affected by cancer in Cambridgeshire , Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
This is the fourth consecutive year the event has taken place, in memory of Hertfordshire man Christian Capon, who died from cancer at the age of 37.
The charity will put all profits from golf day sales towards either ‘Memorable Days’ or the benevolent fund. ‘Memorable Days’ provide families in need of respite and relief away from the stress of a cancer diagnosis, and the benevolent fund provides assistance to help ease financial stresses that often come with a cancer diagnosis.
Since its launch in 2019, Lasting Memories Cancer Trust has raised almost £15,000 from community fundraising activities which will help those most in need, but it hopes to raise a further £5,000 from the golf day.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Tickets from: www.lmcancertrust.co.uk/product/golfdayticket.
- 1 Flood devastation as villagers are forced to clear drains with their bare hands
- 2 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 3 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 4 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Blue Beard! David dyes his beard bright blue to support MIND
- 7 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Ramsey College takes part in international research project
- 10 Freedom Day postponed - 'it's better to be safe than sorry', say readers