Staff at St Ives’ hotel supporting Godmanchester Foodbank
- Credit: Nigel Heath
The Golden Lion Hotel in St Ives has been helping the Trussell Trust charity.
A St Ives hotel has been helping Godmanchester Foodbank to distribute food during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The team at The Golden Lion are currently on furlough, but deputy general manager Paul Richardson says they wanted to do something to help the Trussell Trust charity, which runs the foodbank.
A selection of food and drink has been donated to the charity, which provides emergency food and support to people in need.
Mr Richardson said: “These items, comprising long-life milk, crisps and nuts and a selection of drinks, including cranberry juice, will be reaching their sell-by date next month and will now be used to support people in need.”
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Charity, chief executive of the Boston-based Coaching Inn Group, which has 16 other hotels and inns across the country, said: “Making food donations to the Godmanchester Foodbank and others was just one of the charity outreach activities being carried out by furloughed hotel teams.
“We are all doing our utmost to make a positive difference by supporting NHS charities and other good causes during these troubling times.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding