Godmanchester woman looking to become new Miss England
- Credit: Archant
A BEAUTY therapist whose day job is making other people look glamorous is hoping her own good looks can win her the Miss England title.
Ashlea-Vanessa Hoy, pictured, was entered for the competition without her knowledge by her mum Elaine Eastcott, of Jarwood Walk, Godmanchester.
The 23-year-old former Hinchingbrooke School pupil said: “My mum was bored at home and went on the internet and Googled ‘modelling competitions’ and came across Miss England.
“She sent my picture off then called me to say I should expect a phone call. It was quite sneaky of her but I thought it was funny and didn’t expect anything to come of it.”
But a week later, Ashlea-Vanessa, who now lives in Norwich where she works, received a call inviting her to a photo shoot at the Fresh Academy fashion studios in Watford on Sunday, April 21.
You may also want to watch:
“I was so nervous that I had butterflies in my stomach,” she said. “I was scared but they were all so lovely and put me at ease.” She was photographed in a red vest, jeans and heels and her picture is due to be posted on line from Thursday, May 9 when people will be able to vote for their favourite.
Winners will take part in a semi-final at Elstree in Hertfordshire on May 25. The final is due to be held in Torquay, Devon, in June when Miss England will be crowned.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“I’m hoping to win,” said Ashlea-Vanessa, who has a boyfriend. “I’ve never had any experience of this so, if anything came out of it, it would be great. I’m just a normal girl from Godmanchester and I’m hoping luck is on my side and people vote for me.”
To vote, from May 9 visit www.missengland.info/vote-now and click on Miss Fresh Photographic: Heat 7.