Godmanchester woman looking to become new Miss England
- Credit: Archant
A BEAUTY therapist whose day job is making other people look glamorous is hoping her own good looks can win her the Miss England title.
Ashlea-Vanessa Hoy, pictured, was entered for the competition without her knowledge by her mum Elaine Eastcott, of Jarwood Walk, Godmanchester.
The 23-year-old former Hinchingbrooke School pupil said: “My mum was bored at home and went on the internet and Googled ‘modelling competitions’ and came across Miss England.
“She sent my picture off then called me to say I should expect a phone call. It was quite sneaky of her but I thought it was funny and didn’t expect anything to come of it.”
But a week later, Ashlea-Vanessa, who now lives in Norwich where she works, received a call inviting her to a photo shoot at the Fresh Academy fashion studios in Watford on Sunday, April 21.
“I was so nervous that I had butterflies in my stomach,” she said. “I was scared but they were all so lovely and put me at ease.” She was photographed in a red vest, jeans and heels and her picture is due to be posted on line from Thursday, May 9 when people will be able to vote for their favourite.
Winners will take part in a semi-final at Elstree in Hertfordshire on May 25. The final is due to be held in Torquay, Devon, in June when Miss England will be crowned.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
“I’m hoping to win,” said Ashlea-Vanessa, who has a boyfriend. “I’ve never had any experience of this so, if anything came out of it, it would be great. I’m just a normal girl from Godmanchester and I’m hoping luck is on my side and people vote for me.”
To vote, from May 9 visit www.missengland.info/vote-now and click on Miss Fresh Photographic: Heat 7.