Organisers hoping for bumper Godmanchester Town Show
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of this summer’s Godmanchester Town Show are hoping to top last year’s event when they had more than 700 entries - including over 200 from St Anne’s School.
The show will be held at St Mary’s Church on September 15 and will feature displays of the best of produce and crafts from members of the community.
People who live in the town, or are members of Godmanchester-based organisations, are eligible to enter.
A spokesman for the show said: “This year we are hoping to do even better and we have introduced some new categories which we hope you will like.
“The aim is for everybody to have a fun day and we wish all the entrants the very best of luck with their exhibits.”
There are nine main show categories: flowers and plants, vegetables and fruit, flower arrangements, cookery, jams, preserves and sweets, a children’s section and handicrafts, together with photography and art.
Entries cost 50p or three for a pound, with children’s entries free.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
The show opens at 2pm and admission is £1, free to under 16s.
Registration and the setting up of exhibits starts at 9am and judging will take place between noon and 1.30pm and the mayor will present thee prizes from 4.30pm.
Full details and an entry form are at: http://www.godmanchestertownshow.uk.