Godmanchester singer set for stardom after gaining place at London college
- Credit: Archant
A Godmanchester singer who played her first gig at her local pub just over a year ago is fast becoming a rising star.
Daisy Bell, 18, made her debut at the Black Bull pub just a few doors down from her home in Post Street, and has graced several festivals this summer, had a residency at a venue in Soho, London, and even supported Toploader during their UK tour.
After gaining a distinction in her Grade 8 singing exam, Daisy, who counts Imogen Heap and Laura Marling among her influences, started a Diploma in Music at the The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance in Kilburn, London, earlier this month.
The college spawned the likes of current folk sensation Daughter and Daisy is hoping she can follow in their footsteps.
She said: “I think the college is really going to make me grow as a singer.
You may also want to watch:
“I already know quite a lot but there’s so much I don’t know and that’s what they’re going to teach me.”
Daisy comes from a musical family, with her mother Lowri-Ann Richards performing on Top of the Pops with popular 80s group Tight Fit.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
INFORMATION: Daisy’s next gig is on Friday (September 27) at Floods Tavern in St Ives. To find out more visit www.daisybellmusic.com
or follow @DaisyBell_Music on Twitter.