Godmanchester pub delivers 100 cottage pies to NHS staff and elderly residents
- Credit: Archant
A popular Godmanchester pub dished up and delivered 100 comforting cottage pies to frontline NHS staff and elderly residents.
The Exhibition, in London Road, packaged up the pies and sent them out with eight volunteer drivers.
Anyone over the age of 70, NHS staff and carers were able to sign up for the home-made classic to be left at their door on April 22.
The idea came from landlord Paul Dyer, who usually holds charity events for the community and Macmillan Cancer Support.
He said: “I felt it right now we should be doing something nice for people who may have sat at home virtually on their own for over a month.
You may also want to watch:
“We offered it out on Godmanchester Living page and it took the chef a few hours of preparation.”
Local Paul Sweeney was delighted that his elderly mum received one of the meals; saying she was “over the moon” - not only because of the food but the human contact.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation