Godmanchester nursery is outstanding, say Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
A Godmanchester nursery is outstanding in every area, according to its latest Ofsted report.
Inspectors visited Clarence House Day Nursery in Causeway in August and were impressed with the high standard of provision.
They said that children made “exceptional progress” while the role of the parents was highly respected. The inspectors also described the leadership at Clarence House as “inspirational”.
The report was an improvement on the last inspection in April 2011 when the nursery was rated as good.
Staff were delighted with the result. Jo Mackenzie, who has been operations manager for seven years, said: “It’s a fantastic achievement for the team and it has given us all a boost.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we’ve got a really good team and everyone has adapted brilliantly to the changes we’ve made.
“One of the main differences from the last inspection is the partnership with parents. We now do home visits where we visit the parents and the child before they come to the nursery so that they are knowledgeable and get to know the staff beforehand.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
“On a personal level, I’m also very proud to say that I run an outstanding nursery.”