Godmanchester Good Egg winners receive prizes
- Credit: Hannah Tuck
The winners all received an Easter Egg on behalf of the Co-op in Godmanchester.
The winners of the Godmanchester Good Egg scheme have been announced to recognise the local heroes within the community.
The five well deserved finalists received an Easter Egg each, Susan Simpson, JG Clifford Chemist team, Arwen Gilbert, Karen Pauley and Lisa Marshall were the winners.
Hannah Tuck, who works at the Co-op in Godmanchester, helped to co-ordinate the scheme.
She said: “I came up with the scheme to recognise the huge amount of support and goodwill in Godmanchester by organised groups and individuals especially now during the Covid19 pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
People were nominated for reasons such as helping to spread joy and happiness, done some shopping for essentials or maybe taken the time to have a friendly chat.
JG Clifford Chemist team were nominated and the anonymous person who nominated them said: “JG Clifford Chemist team are working hard to make sure we all get our much-needed medicines. Thank you!”
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity