Godmanchester Gala hailed as “fantastic success”
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Godmanchester hailed the hard work of the community following another successful gala weekend.
Councillor Sarah Conboy said this year’s event had been a “fantastic success” and paid tribute to the work of the Godmanchester Community Association and its team of volunteers.
She said: “The gala weekend wouldn’t happen if not for the community association so it is thanks to their hard work that we had another brilliant event this year.
“It is a great occasion and the community came out to support all of the groups and organisations involved.”
As well as the traditional parade and floats, there was a packed schedule of live music, dancing, stalls, games, and activities to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
There was even a bumper number of entries for a rubber duck race, which took place at the weir and was won, fittingly, by the duck numbered 001.
The winning float, as selected by the carnival queen, had a Harry Potter theme, and the winning walkers were a group of book characters sponsored by Godmanchester business, Aladdin’s Cave.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip