A feast of festivities for revellers in Godmanchester over gala weekend
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people enjoyed a packed weekend of festivities in Godmanchester as the town played host to the annual gala day and picnic in the park.
A parade featuring classic cars, floats, minibuses, and a marching band kicked things off on Saturday, with hundreds of people lining the route and waving flags.
The parade even featured Hohefeld Fanfarenzug, special guests from Godmanchester's German twin town, Wertheim, who marched with drums and trumpets from Judith's Field to the recreation ground.
Saturday also saw live music, twirling displays, a disco, and duck race, while the Comrades Club played host to a real ale festival.
Spirits were still high the following morning for the picnic in the park event, which saw visitors to the recreation ground enjoy a full day of live musical entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
The line-up featured a primary schools' choir, soul, rock, and indie acts, before the event was brought to a close by Dave Springfield, a Rod Stewart tribute act.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip