Wood Green opens new charity shop at Godmanchester shelter
- Credit: Wood Green Charity
Wood Green have opened a new charity shop in Godmanchester, stocked with pre-loved clothing, accessories and bric-a-brac for shoppers to browse and purchase.
Wood Green Animal shelter helps around 7,000 pets in need each year, from urgent veterinary treatment and care through to behavioural training and support for pet owners.
This wouldn’t be possible without the funds raised from its charity shops, and without the generosity of the public through donations of stock, volunteering hours and financial support.
Jake Hornsbury, Acting Head of Retail at Wood Green, said: “A number of people saw lockdown as a chance to have a clear out at home, meaning we’ve had lots of fabulous donations over the past couple of months through our free stock collection service. We are so excited to welcome customers back and show them the new space!
“Now that the shop is open again, we are also looking for people to volunteer with us. If you are on furlough, have some spare time or would like to learn new skills in a safe and fun environment, please get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Wood Green’s Godmanchester shop is open from 10am-4pm Tuesday to Sunday and can be found at King’s Bush Farm, London Road, Godmanchester PE29 2NH.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise