Wood Green opens new charity shop at Godmanchester shelter
- Credit: Wood Green Charity
Wood Green have opened a new charity shop in Godmanchester, stocked with pre-loved clothing, accessories and bric-a-brac for shoppers to browse and purchase.
Wood Green Animal shelter helps around 7,000 pets in need each year, from urgent veterinary treatment and care through to behavioural training and support for pet owners.
This wouldn’t be possible without the funds raised from its charity shops, and without the generosity of the public through donations of stock, volunteering hours and financial support.
Jake Hornsbury, Acting Head of Retail at Wood Green, said: “A number of people saw lockdown as a chance to have a clear out at home, meaning we’ve had lots of fabulous donations over the past couple of months through our free stock collection service. We are so excited to welcome customers back and show them the new space!
“Now that the shop is open again, we are also looking for people to volunteer with us. If you are on furlough, have some spare time or would like to learn new skills in a safe and fun environment, please get in touch.”
You may also want to watch:
Wood Green’s Godmanchester shop is open from 10am-4pm Tuesday to Sunday and can be found at King’s Bush Farm, London Road, Godmanchester PE29 2NH.
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge