Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- Credit: Richard Fitzgerald
A Go Fund Me page set up in memory of Huntingdon man Nathan Cowell who died on June 10 has raised more than £6,000.
The fund was set up by family and friends to raise money for Nathan’s funeral costs.
Andrea Hitchcock, Nathan’s mother-in-law said: “Nathan's family would like to take this time to thank everyone for their kind words and donations at this difficult time.
"The response from people has been overwhelming and it has been a great comfort to the family to be able to reflect on how much Nathan was loved and will be sadly missed.”
Nathan, 29, from Huntingdon was reported missing on June 6, after he failed to turn up for work and return home and an appeal was launched by Cambridgeshire police and released to the media to find him.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, on June 10, police reported that the body of a man had been found near Hartford. A file has been passed to the coroner and it is likely that an inquest will be opened in the coming weeks.
Police have confirmed that the death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 2 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
Richard Fitzgerald, a family friend, set up the Go Fund Me page in memory of Nathan.
Richard said: “My close friend Geoffrey, who is Nathan’s brother, has helped to look after his family. I wanted to set this page to help the family, after they have received this devastating news about Nathan.
“I am so overwhelmed already by the response we have received, it took me a while to decided what to write on the page, because the family still have so many questions."
“It’s a tragic event that has deeply affected our community and anything to help raise funds for Nathan’s funeral is greatly appreciated."
Any funds left over will be donated to Lowland Search & Rescue team who worked tirelessly to find Nathan, alongside the police and
If you would like to donate to this cause visit gofundme.com and search Nathan Cowell.