Glowing reports puts pre-school top of the class
- Credit: Archant
Great Gransden Pre-School has received an Ofsted rating of ‘outstanding’ following an inspection earlier this year.
In 2011, the school achieved the same rating, but since then Oftsed changed its inspection requirements, making it harder for schools to achieve high results.
Chairman, Des Merrill, said: “To get ‘outstanding’ again is a big achievement. But what we got was ‘outstanding’ in every department and no recommendations to be done. It was 100%”
The school was inspected on January 26, and was rated under categories including the effectiveness of leadership and management, safety, educational achievement and learning.
Mr Merrill said the eight staff in particular should be credited with the rating, dubbing it an “incredible” achievement.
You may also want to watch:
In fact, one has been at the school for more than 15 years and they are regularly trained.
Mr Merrill added: “I do not think it’s very often this achievement is obtained by many schools.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio