“It’s a positive move for the town”, says mayor, as family butcher opens shop in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of St Neots said the opening of a new family-run butcher in St Neots was a “positive” move for the town.
Gilberts Family Butchers officially welcomed customers to its new shop in New Street on May 2, alongside mayor, Councillor Barry Chapman.
The owners, husband and wife team Andrea and Andy Gilbert, are already well established with their other shop in The Highway, Great Staughton, but decided to open a second butcher's shop in a bid to encourage people to support independent businesses.
Friends, family members and customers all joined the family at the grand opening, where the mayor cut the ribbon and officially opened the store.
Mrs Gilbert said: "When we realised that this shop was up for sale, we knew we wanted to go for it. It's great where we are now, but we wanted to move into the town and thought it was the perfect opportunity. We only decided to move into the shop in January so we have been very busy, but we really hope that it will be worth it and that people will visit the town."
You may also want to watch:
So far the shop has had a lot of positive feedback, with Gilberts Family Butchers Facebook page has reached 950 likes since the announcement.
Cllr Chapman said: "This is a positive move for St Neots. It's very important that we support shops like this, especially independent ones. I am hoping it will encourage more people to visit the town."
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
To find out more visit: Gilberts Family Butchers on Facebook.