Ghoulish ganache and petrified pavlovas at Halloween-themed bake off event
- Credit: Archant
A Halloween-themed bake off competition held in St Ives on Saturday helped raise almost £200 for good causes.
The event was held at the headquarters of St Ives Girl Guides, in Station Road, and saw plenty of baked goodies entered for a chance at winning one of a number of prizes on offer.
There were also plenty of activities on offer for visitors to enjoy, including decorating biscuits, making cupcakes, decorating a cat mask and a booky dip.
Some of the prizes donated for the competition came from local businesses, including The Swan and Angel pub, Boots, and the Grape Tree.
Organisers of the event said £184 was raised, which will be split between the Girl Guides Association and Cats Protection.
You may also want to watch:
Niamh Campbell, from Cats Protection St Neots and district branch, said she will put the funds towards a Himalayan tiger trek taking place next year, which will highlight the plight of the dwindling tiger population worldwide.
You can find out more about the trek here at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tigercampbell.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon