Get your entries in for photography competition
- Credit: Archant
Entries are already flooding in for this year’s Hunts Post Photo Competition.
The competition, which is open to anyone who loves getting out and about with their camera, launched last week and has already attracted dozens of entries.
The contest is for all amateur enthusiasts and the subject matter is down to the photographer.
Send in up to four of your favourite images, taken in the last 12 months, and you could win a prize.
There are three categories: one for adults, one for those aged under 11, and one for those aged between 11 and 16-years-olds.
To enter, images should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each category, and there will also be special prizes awarded for the photo of the editor’s choice, and the best photo of fruit or vegetables in both junior classes.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 4 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 7 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 10 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
The competition is being run in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club.
All the entries will be printed and mounted and will feature in the club’s annual exhibition, which this year is its 65th.
It will be held at the Priory Centre, St Neots, from 10am-4.30pm on Saturday,
Entrance to the exhibition is £1, which includes a programme. Under 16s enter free.
The judging panel for The Hunts Post contest will consist of club members and a short-list of potential winners will be announced ahead of the display, when the overall winners will be revealed.
The files should be sized six inches by four inches (6x4) and the file name should be the name of the person who took the photo and their age, if 16 or under.
In the e-mail, please also include a daytime telephone number, your address and details of where and when the photo was taken.
The deadline for entries is midnight on Sunday, October 1.
Usual Archant competition rules apply. Photos that are not sent as e-mail attachments will not be accepted. Photos sent by Facebook will not be accepted. The editor’s decision is final.
INFORMATION: Any companies interested in sponsoring a prize should contact The Hunts Post on 01480 443451.