Get snapping for The Hunts Post’s photography competition
- Credit: Archant
Do you have an eye for taking a prize-winning photograph?
Today The Hunts Post launches its 2015 Photo Competition, open to anyone who loves getting out and about with their camera.
Hunts Post editor Stefan Bartlett said: “This is a contest for all you amateur enthusiasts out there. The subject matter is down to you - if it is a photo you are proud of, send it in. So grab your camera and get snapping.”
Send in up to six of your favourite images, taken in the last 12 months, and you could win a prize. Everyone who takes part will see their work go on public display.
There are three categories, one for adults and two for juniors - under 11s and 11 to 16 year olds. Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is being run in partnership with St Neots and District Camera Club.
All the entries will be printed and mounted and will feature in the club’s annual exhibition, which this year is its 63rd.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
It will be held at the Priory Centre, St Neots, from 10am-4.30pm on Saturday, March 28.
Entries will be showcased alongside the club’s own annual competition entries, as well as a series of photographs from the Huntingdonshire Local Group of the Wildlife Trust for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire Wildlife.
The judging panel for The Hunts Post contest will consist of club members and a shortlist of potential winners will be announced ahead of the display, when the overall winners will be revealed.
To enter, images should be emailed to email@example.com. The files should be no larger than 2MB and the file name should be the name of the person who took the photo and their age, if 16 or under. In the email, please also include a daytime telephone number, your address and details of where and when the photo was taken. The deadline for entries is 5pm on Monday, March 9. Usual Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
INFORMATION: Any companies interested in sponsoring a prize should contact The Hunts Post on 01480 443451.