Get ready for Saturday’s Houghton and Wyton Music Festival
- Credit: Archant
HOUGHTON and Wyton’s first music festival featuring local bands and musicians takes place this Saturday (July 27).
The free event will be held on the village playing field and includes a bar and barbecue.
Music will be provided by Stingray, The Mojo Slide, Sterling, Matt Harvey, Freddie Hall, The Midnight Barbers, The Flaming Bum Notes, Jellyfish and Anonymous and I.
It is being organised by a group of four volunteers and has taken about a year to put together.
David Cashin, one of Houghton and Wyton Music Festival’s organising committee, said: “We are a group of people who are avid music fans and have constantly had to go to other villages’ festivals.
You may also want to watch:
“So we thought we should have a festival in our village and that was the force behind it.”
He added that one of the main reasons for the festival was to give local talent the chance to play – Anonymous and I (aka Charlotte Cassells) is a young musician who lives in the village. INFORMATION: From 1pm until 10.30pm.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
To find out more about the festival, to volunteer or make a donation, visit www.hwmf.co.uk