Get in tune with new singing course in Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon choir is hosting a course aimed at encouraging more men to take up singing.
The Ouse Valley Chorus, supported by Harmony Foundation, part of a national music charity, is encouraging more men to sing and is running a four-week course to help would-be singers get started.
The free course starts next Wednesday (September 13) at 7.45pm in St Mary Magdalene Church Hall, Brampton.
A spokesman for the group said: “There are many men who would love to sing. Most never get around to it, don’t have the opportunity or maybe are too self-conscious to give it a go.
“The simple fact is that just about everyone can sing. This free course will help you to discover your voice and gain confidence. Also, there’s no need to worry about reading music, the simple teaching methods will help you to learn a song quickly.”
You may also want to watch:
To reserve a place, Andy Vaughan on 07718 905674 or e-mail OVC@credence.biz.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages