GCSE Results: Sawtry Village Academy
- Credit: Archant
Sawtry Village Academy is celebrating strong top grades as 20 per cent of all results at the academy returned with the highest A* or A grades, and 40 per cent were A* to B grades.
The percentage of students gaining five or more A*-C grade passes at GCSE was 65 per cent, and 52 per cent achieved five or more A*Cs, including English and Maths.
Science, history and modern foreign languages were the most improved or highest achieving subjects.
Sarah Wilson, principal at Sawtry Village Academy said: “Our students should be very proud of their achievements, particularly with so many exam results returning with the highest A*, A and B grades.
“To maintain strong results after a year of change and turbulence in the marking of results demonstrates our commitment to provide a high quality education, and provides the new leadership and the Trust with a good base from which to improve further.”
You may also want to watch:
Notable performances were recorded by Joanna Corney who achieved 11 A* and 1 A Grades.
The leadership team at the Academy was praised recently after the Education Funding Agency lifted the Academy’s financial notice to improve, after it was implemented last July.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester