Hunts decking company transforms garden of St Ives' glitter lady Kate
- Credit: Complete Decking Lifestyles
A Huntingdon-based decking company transformed the garden of St Ives “glitter lady” Kate Pistilli to turn “dream into reality”.
Composite Decking Lifestyles revamped Kate’s garden for free and managed to rally together other local businesses to help and supply materials.
It comes as Kate has raised thousands of pounds for charity after being diagnosed with breast cancer while eight months pregnant.
The 33-year-old dazzled as she covered herself in glitter and walked through St Ives town centre last summer in aid of charity.
Composite Decking Lifestyles’ owner Carl Boreham was keen to help when he heard Kate wanted a new garden – even installing an impressive hot tub and new decking area.
In a Facebook post, Kate said: “Unbeknown to us, Carl was aware of my cancer and it’s unwanted visit into our household.
“We didn’t know that he was rallying the troops and many people offered their materials and services as a good will gesture to support us during this difficult time.
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 5 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Martial Arts group praised by mayor after winning trophies national competition
“Our garden looks amazing; we are so pleased.
"What was just a dream has become a reality that we can enjoy with friends and family.
"We are so touched by everyone’s generosity and kind gestures.”