Garden designer wins silver at Hampton Court Palace Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
A Huntingdon based designer has come second place in RHS Hampton Court Palace garden show.
Stephen Hall, 56, created a Scandinavian-inspired show garden for the show and was awarded a silver medal for the work, on July 3.
The Viking Cruises Nordic lifestyle garden was designed by Stephen, who lives in Upper Dean, and was inspired by the Nordic landscape and the “profound relationship between nature and wellbeing”.
The garden celebrated traditional Nordic wellbeing rituals and was filled with traditional plants and herbs with medicinal benefits used in Scandinavian cooking.
It is the fourth garden that Stephen has designed at the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show and his second medial-winning effort for Viking, following the award-winning Scandinavian-themed garden at the show in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen said: “I’m extremely proud to have been part of this project and would like to thank everyone involved, from the plant suppliers, contractors and the team at Viking involved in this creation. It’s been a labour of love.”
Wendy Atkin-Smith, managing director of Viking UK, said: “The garden explores the various dimensions of wellbeing; enjoying the therapeutic effects of interacting with nature; eating well; and living well.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
“Viking’s homeland is Scandinavia, and in his design Stephen has incorporated the lifestyle, food and culture that have influenced Viking’s design and ethos profoundly since day one perfectly.”
Stephen has won seven awards at the Chelsea Flower Show including, gold, best in show, and the people’s choice award. He has won a silver guilt at Hampton Court Flower Show, two gold medals at the Sandringham Flower Show, including a best in show and people’s choice award.
The Viking Cruises Nordic Lifestyle Garden was showcased at the flower show from July 3-8. To find out more about Stephen’s work, log on to www.contourgar-dendesign.co.uk.