Garage fire in Greengarth, St Ives caused by accident

A BLAZE which gutted a garage in St Ives was caused from a battery overheating firefighters have said.

Two crews worked for over an hour to bring the fire at Greengarth on Wednesday under control. They managed to stop the fire from spreading to adjourning properties.

A Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the blaze was caused when a battery overheated while it is was being charged.

Nobody was injured.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter