Gang steal Samsung mobile phone in Huntingdon robbery
A HUNTINGDON man had his mobile phone stolen after her was attacked by a gang of men on Saturday (December 15).
The 20-year-old was listening to music while walking along a footpath between Sallowbush Road and California Road at around 5.45pm when a group of five men demanded he hand over his phone.
He tried to run off but the gang chased him and punched him to the ground when they caught up with him. They stole his Samsung mobile phone.
PC Josh Williams said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area at the time of the robbery and saw a group of young men to call police.
“They may well have targeted the victim after seeing him use the phone to play music – I would remind people to ensure their valuables are safely tucked away out of sight and try not to bring attention to such items which may be appealing to opportunist criminals.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call PC Williams on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'