Gang attempts break in at Huntingdon home
- Credit: Archant
Police have issued a warning after a gang attempted to break into a Huntingdon home.
Four or five men, all wearing dark clothing, snapped a padlock on a gate before entering a back garden in Scholars Avenue at about 7.15pm yesterday (Wednesday).
They then tried to break into the house through a patio door but the glass shattered and disturbed the householder, who shouted at them from an upstairs window. They then left.
The bungled burglary was the second reported in the last 24 hours.
Police were also called to Wolff Close, Huntingdon, yesterday (Wednesday) after a kitchen window at the back of the property had been tampered with. It is believed a jemmy had been used.
You may also want to watch:
PC Jo Grant said: “Both these offences are being investigated. If you have any information which you feel may be relevant please don’t hesitate to contact us.”
INFORMATION: Anyone who can help should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'