GALLERY: St Neots town centre packed for Christmas lights switch-on
- Credit: Archant
St Neots was “packed like an underground train in rush hour” as revellers turned out in force for the Christmas lights switch-on on Friday night.
The town came alive with fire jugglers, magicians, singers, dancers and actors as thousands of people descended on the Market Square to experience the festive magic.
Skaters took to the free synthetic ice rink and shoppers visited the selection of stalls at the traditional Christmas market to stock up on gifts, mulled wine, mulled cider and much more.
On the night, children had the chance to meet Father Christmas in his grotto at the museum and to see him with his reindeer and sleigh in the Market Square.
The ice and magic-themed evening also included a fairground for visitors to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
Young People of the Year Award finalist and headline act The Rockabellas switched the dazzling lights on before a spectacular firework display.
St Neots town clerk Ed Reilly said: “It really was very good, everybody was enjoying it - it was just terrific as the whole town was busy.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
“It attracted more visitors than in previous years and was every bit as good. We’ve had some very good feedback from it – everybody had a great time.”
County, district and St Neots town councillor Barry Chapman added: “It was absolutely massive, the fireworks display was tremendous. It was better than Disney World Fireworks - it was absolutely amazing.”
“This year you literally couldn’t move, the town was packed like an underground train in rush hour.”