Gallery: Peppa Pig turns on Huntingdon’s Christmas lights
- Credit: Archant
Children’s TV favourite Peppa Pig put her best trotter forward to help light up Huntingdon on Sunday.
Accompanied by her entourage, the star turned on the town’s illuminations with mayor Bill Hensley.
“For a wet afternoon it was a fantastic turnout,” said Cllr Hensley. “There must have been 2,000 people there, it was absolutely heaving.
“Thanks to all the organisers and HCR who did a live outside broadcast. The Rock Choir and all the other acts were absolutely fantastic.”
The switch-on followed an afternoon of entertainment in the town, including performances from Claudia and The Braidy Bunch, rock ‘n’ roll band Spree and The Freddie Hall Band.
You may also want to watch:
New Huntingdon BID manager Andrew Phillips, who started in the role this month, said: “I was really impressed with the feel of the town and how many people came out. It was brilliant.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'