Gallery: Lights display switched on in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Father Christmas was on hand in St Ives to help mayor Councillor Brian Luter switch on the town’s lights.
At 5pm, Market Hill was illuminated as the duo pulled the switch to signal the rundown to Christmas and a fireworks display up above.
Throughout the day there was a farmers’ market, a continental market and funfair rides for the children.
Cllr Luter told The Hunts Post: “It was a great family atmosphere. We were lucky the rain stopped at 4pm and Market Hill started to fill up. There were a lot of people who delayed coming because of the rain.
“I spoke to some of the stall holders and they said they had a lot of people see them. There was also a fair in the Corn Exchange and Santa’s grotto.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to thank St Ives Town Initiative and the Christmas Lights Committee who put the whole event together.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'