Fundraising Sam takes the Toughmums Challenge
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots mum who is raising money to fund surgery for her son who has cerebral palsy was chosen for the Good Morning Britain Toughmums Challenge.
Sam Smith, of Bramley Drive, in Offord D’Arcy, was one of 100 mums selected because of their inspirational stories, who took part in the event at Belvior Castle in Grantham, on May 18.
The 5k challenge was on a Toughmudder obstacle course including King of the Swingers, Mud Mile, Sewer Rat and Arctic Enema 2.0, which involves plunging into a container full of water and ice.
Celebrity mums, including Julia Bradbury, Sinitta and Good Morning Britain presenters also took part.
“I was on Ben Shephard’s team along with 14 other amazing mums, each having their own inspirational stories.
You may also want to watch:
“I was chosen because of Zachery, dealing with his daily struggles and fund-raising for him and raising awareness for cerebral palsy,” said Sam.
Sam and husband Liam are aiming to raise £50,000 for an operation which could allow their son Zachery, aged 5, to walk independently.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
The couple have also organised a charity dinner and auction to raise money for the surgical procedure called Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy (SDR), which is not funded on the NHS. The event is on October 14 at St Neots Football Club.
INFO: If you can donate raffle prizes, flowers or are prepared to perform at the event, contact Sam Smith on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07739166160. To donate to the fund, go to: www.justgiving.com/Zacherysaim.