Fundraising parents left devastated after theft of burger van
- Credit: Archant
A group of parents have been left devastated after a burger van they borrowed to raise funds for their village school was stolen.
The mums and dads, from the Friends of Holme School group, attended a 1940’s weekend event in the village on Sunday and planned to use money from the sale of the burgers for school projects.
The white Foodmaster van and trailer was parked behind Holme Primary School, on Short Drove, overnight and the trailer, which contains the kitchen area and equipment, was stolen sometime between 8.30pm on Sunday night and 7.30am on Monday morning.
Leanne Fairlie, a member of the Friends group, told The Hunts Post everyone was heartbroken
“We borrowed the van from a local businessman who lent it to us in good faith and then had to ring him on Monday morning and tell him it had been stolen. We just couldn’t stop apologising. We felt so bad, this is someone’s livelihood. We worked so hard to raise money for the school and now the whole thing feels tarnished.”
You may also want to watch:
The Hunts Post contacted Cambridgeshire police and a spokesman said officers were investigating the theft of a while food van, which has large blue lettering which reads Foodmaster and Quality Food, with telephone numbers.
Police would like to hear from anyone who has any information or has seen the van. Call police on 101, quoting crime reference number: CF0579481017.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding