Fundraising darts event to support rehabilitation for Eynesbury man
- Credit: Archant
A darts competition and fundraising evening is taking place in St Neots at the end of the month to raise funds for rehabilitation treatment for an Eynesbury man.
Richard Thomas, aged 63 suffered a severe brain haemorrhage in November, 2016. and was rushed to Hinchingbrooke hospital and later, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, in Cambridge. He underwent several operations over a period of weeks and was finally stable enough to move to back to Hinchingbrooke in earlier this year and has been recovering well.
Richard, the owner of Buckden Private Hire, was involved in several local organisations, including being president and treasurer of the Eynesbury and St Neots Darts League and steward at Buckden Village Club. He has spent some time at the Marbrook Rehabilitation Centre, in Eaton Socon, where he has been receiving physiotherapy and speech therapy.
Funding for the rehabilitation has now ended and Richard’s family and friends would like to raise money to provide adaptations to the family home and ongoing physiotherapy.
“We would ask you to help us raise the funds to help towards the cost of Dick’s physio therapist to help continue the good work that he has already achieved. His strength is growing more and more but without the physio the good work that he has already achieved will quickly be lost,” said David Davies who is helping to organise the event.
You may also want to watch:
“Any amount large or small will help towards giving Dick a little bit of the independence he is so used to having.”
The fundraising evening and darts match is being held at the RAFA Club, in St Neots, on October 26.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Anyone wishing to make a donation should go to: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/richardthomas.