Fundraisers put their hearts into flash mob dance in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of Zumba lovers braved the cold and rain last weekend to raise funds for charity.
Organised by Debra Cossey-Mowle, from Debs Zumba, the flash mob aimed to get people in Huntingdon to donate to Papworth Hospital and the British Heart Foundation.
“As it is February and Valentine’s Day was coming up, we wanted to do something around hearts and love and we also want to get the message out there for people to look after their health,” said Debra.
The group of dancers were joined by Zumba teachers from all over the country and even further afield, with Nuno Antas and Ricardo Rodrigues, from Portugal, joining in.
The crowd danced along to the likes of Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars and even songs from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack.
You may also want to watch:
Debra added: “The buckets with donations in will now be taken to classes over in the next week and then the money will be split 50/50.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k