Fundraisers brave heat for Wood Green Animal Shelter
FIREWALKERS raised �5,000 for Wood Green Animal Shelter after braving the hot coals at the charity’s Godmanchester centre.
Participants withstood temperatures of approximately 600C during the event on September 21, which was the first of its kind to take place at the Huntingdonshire animal centre.
“We had 40 wonderful, brave people sign up with around 160 friends and family watching,” Wood Green community fundraiser Caroline Willis.
“The weather was terrible but it didn’t dampen anyone’s spirits with some firewalkers having three turns walking on the coals.
“All of the money raised will go direct to the animals at Wood Green.”
Among those taking part was 44-year-old Godmanchester resident Jeff Hudson, who said: “It was a great experience and something I’ve always wanted to do. Plus, I also got to raise money for such a good cause.
“Even the rain didn’t dampen the evening.”
- 1 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in raising money for Wood Green should email email@example.com or call Caroline Willis on 0844 248 8181.