Fundraisers brave heat for Wood Green Animal Shelter
FIREWALKERS raised �5,000 for Wood Green Animal Shelter after braving the hot coals at the charity’s Godmanchester centre.
Participants withstood temperatures of approximately 600C during the event on September 21, which was the first of its kind to take place at the Huntingdonshire animal centre.
“We had 40 wonderful, brave people sign up with around 160 friends and family watching,” Wood Green community fundraiser Caroline Willis.
“The weather was terrible but it didn’t dampen anyone’s spirits with some firewalkers having three turns walking on the coals.
“All of the money raised will go direct to the animals at Wood Green.”
You may also want to watch:
Among those taking part was 44-year-old Godmanchester resident Jeff Hudson, who said: “It was a great experience and something I’ve always wanted to do. Plus, I also got to raise money for such a good cause.
“Even the rain didn’t dampen the evening.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in raising money for Wood Green should email email@example.com or call Caroline Willis on 0844 248 8181.