Fundraiser: On the pull with fire engines in St Neots
- Credit: Archant
SEVEN teams have been warming up for the annual St Neots Fire Engine Pull this weekend.
Regulars from the Cambridgeshire Hunter, the Hare and Hounds and other pubs will haul a fire truck around the four-mile course on Sunday.
It is the eighth year of the charity stunt, which raises money towards funding camps for young burns survivors at Grafham Water. Last year’s event raised more than £10,000.
The fire engine will be tugged from Wyboston Lakes at 2pm, through Eaton Socon and St Neots High Street to the finish at the Cambridgeshire Hunter, in Berkley Street, Eynesbury, usually in about two hours.
After the pull, an auction will take place at the pub at 6pm. An England shirt signed by 1966 World Cup winner Sir Geoff Hurst is among the lots, along with a Manchester United top signed by Wayne Rooney.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be the chance to bid for Peterborough United tickets and a seat in the directors’ box as a guest of director of football Barry Fry.
Other lots include an evening at Peterborough greyhound stadium for 40 people, eight tickets and a minibus to Huntingdon races, a bouquet every month for a year, an electric guitar, golf vouchers and meals out.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
There will also be a bouncy castle and face painting, a barbecue, music and a raffle at the pub from 1pm.
INFORMATION: Anyone who cannot make the auction can register a bid by calling Dave Webster on 07715 629889 or Steve Wills on 07765 103861. For a full list of auction lots, visit www.burnscamp.org.uk