Nothing sheepish about farm-themed Somersham Carnival!
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Somersham Carnival on Saturday enjoyed a day of family fun.
The event, which had the theme of farming characters, saw people from around the area dress up as scarecrows, honey bees, sheep, pigs, chicks and cows to take part in the festivities.
As the procession made its way around the village, the carnival princess, Gracie Livingstone-Bond, and her attendants Sophie and Katie Kimpton, led the walkers and floats.
This year’s carnival was the 41st consecutive event.
The ‘Best Group of Walkers’ was awarded to 1st Somersham Cubs and Beavers who dressed as animals from the story Sheep-Pig.
You may also want to watch:
Somersham Primary School won ‘Best School Float’ for their effort, which was decorated as a honey farm, and ‘Best Club or Pub Float’ was won by Parkhall Equestrian.
Visitors also enjoyed various stalls, including food and drink stalls, and attractions including a fairground and inflatables.
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge