Nothing sheepish about farm-themed Somersham Carnival!
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Somersham Carnival on Saturday enjoyed a day of family fun.
The event, which had the theme of farming characters, saw people from around the area dress up as scarecrows, honey bees, sheep, pigs, chicks and cows to take part in the festivities.
As the procession made its way around the village, the carnival princess, Gracie Livingstone-Bond, and her attendants Sophie and Katie Kimpton, led the walkers and floats.
This year’s carnival was the 41st consecutive event.
The ‘Best Group of Walkers’ was awarded to 1st Somersham Cubs and Beavers who dressed as animals from the story Sheep-Pig.
You may also want to watch:
Somersham Primary School won ‘Best School Float’ for their effort, which was decorated as a honey farm, and ‘Best Club or Pub Float’ was won by Parkhall Equestrian.
Visitors also enjoyed various stalls, including food and drink stalls, and attractions including a fairground and inflatables.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week