Nothing sheepish about farm-themed Somersham Carnival!
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to Somersham Carnival on Saturday enjoyed a day of family fun.
The event, which had the theme of farming characters, saw people from around the area dress up as scarecrows, honey bees, sheep, pigs, chicks and cows to take part in the festivities.
As the procession made its way around the village, the carnival princess, Gracie Livingstone-Bond, and her attendants Sophie and Katie Kimpton, led the walkers and floats.
This year’s carnival was the 41st consecutive event.
The ‘Best Group of Walkers’ was awarded to 1st Somersham Cubs and Beavers who dressed as animals from the story Sheep-Pig.
Somersham Primary School won ‘Best School Float’ for their effort, which was decorated as a honey farm, and ‘Best Club or Pub Float’ was won by Parkhall Equestrian.
Visitors also enjoyed various stalls, including food and drink stalls, and attractions including a fairground and inflatables.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing