Friends group funds improvements for Hinchingbrooke Hospital patients
- Credit: Archant
The Friends of Hinchingbrooke Hospital has made two special donations this month, which are set to benefit patients.
The group, which raises money through a variety of events, has supported both the audiology department and the catering service to make improvements to the services.
Young patients coming to the audiology clinic can now enjoy looking at a new cartoon mural that has been put up in the waiting room.
Meanwhile, inpatients with communication problems can now take control of ordering their meals thanks to picture menus that have been funded from the Friends group.
Catering manager Lisa Normanton said: "We are pleased to be introducing this service to the wards, as it will ensure our patients can choose the food they want to eat, even if they cannot speak so well. Thank you to our colleagues from the Friends group for making this happen.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Audiology, Corinne Bailey, said: "The mural was designed by a member of staff and has made the waiting area so much nicer for children and their parents. On behalf of all the team, I would like to thank the Friends of Hinchingbrooke Hospital for supporting us to install the mural."
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding