Fresh warning from fire service after chip pan blaze in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service has warned again about the dangers of using chip pans after a fire broke out in Huntingdon last night (Thursday).
Two crews from Huntingdon were called to a fire on Beech Close at about 7.45pm.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the kitchen of a house. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
“The occupants of the property were safely evacuated before the crews arrived.”
The crews returned to their station by 9.20pm. The cause of the fire was accidental, and started as a result of an overheated chip pan.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “Chip pans can be extremely dangerous so we would always encourage people to use other methods of cooking chips, such as in an oven.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k