Arson attacks at RAF Upwood continue
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists torched a building at the derelict RAF Upwood site, for the second time this month.
Firefighters from Ramsey and Huntingdon were called to the fire at the former RAF Upwood Site yesterday (Wednesday) at around10pm.
Crews arrived to find a well-developed fire in a large, single storey building. They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 11.45pm.
An investigation determined the cause of the fire to be deliberate.
The latest attack follows a similar incident at the site which took place on April 9.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about either of the incidents should contact police by visiting www.cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity