Free sailing taster sessions in Cambs this weekend
- Credit: Archant
THERE will be a chance to try sailing and windsurfing at a free event being held by Grafham Water Sailing Club on Saturday (June 15).
Club commodore Peter Saxton said: “We are really keen for people to come and give us a look. The club has a variety of boats to try and it is a great place to hang out.”
The event, which runs from 11am to 4pm, is open to adults and children aged eight and above. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
You can turn up on the day for a short session on a dinghy, keel boat, power boat, catamaran or windsurfer. Or you can have a full one-hour taster session at no cost if you book in advance.
Take along warm clothes, waterproofs and soft shoes. The club will provide wetsuits for windsurfing and buoyancy aids.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To book a one-hour taster session, call 01480 810478. To find out more visit www.grafham.org
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry