Free NHS health checks in Cambridgeshire if you’re aged 40 to 74
- Credit: Archant
Free NHS health checks are being offered to residents in Cambridgeshire aged 40-74 years to help detect early health issues.
The 20-30 minutes checks, which are funded by Cambridgeshire County Council, will include monitoring blood pressure, weight, cholesterol and lifestyle factors that influence health.
By booking a check, residents could find out how likely they are to get heart or kidney disease, diabetes or have a stroke in the future.
Those aged over 65 are also told about the signs and symptoms of dementia.
Between April 2017 and March 2018, more than 20,500 NHS Health Checks were completed across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, an increase of 14 per cent from the previous year.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Liz Robin, director of public health for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “By finding out early, before serious damage is done, you could potentially make lifestyle changes that would massively reduce, or in some cases, eliminate your risk of dying early as a result of these conditions.”
If you’re aged between 40-74 years and do not currently have a long-term health condition you should have an NHS health check every five years.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
For more information about Heath Checks, visit: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/be-well/resources-and-campaigns/nhs-health-checks-programme/ or the NHS website at www.nhs.uk/Conditions/nhs-health-check/Pages/NHS-Health-Check.aspx
You can also book a check at the Everyone Health’s Changepoint Lifestyle Service at a clinic nearby on 0333 005 0093 or firstname.lastname@example.org.