A message from the Editor of The Hunts Post about the home delivery of our newspaper
- Credit: Archant
I would like to address the home delivery of our title. I understand readers’ concerns and of course we take our social responsibility to this crisis incredibly seriously.
We continue to produce and delivery newspapers after the government classified our industry as a “critical service” given that we bring with us the very latest news on the virus and how to beat it whilst we are in many cases the only window to the outside world for many of our readers.
We are further assured by the World Health Organisation who have stated that the risk of contracting Covid-19 through receipt of a newspaper was infinitely small and by the fact that countries like Italy are seeing a slowing of virus cases whilst still providing a newspaper delivery service.
That said, I understand that some of our distributors will be concerned and therefore we are not forcing delivery. In a few cases we have suspended a distributor’s round if they are worried, in many cases we have had distributors asking if they can carry on delivering. In the case of the latter we are reaffirming government guidelines on exercise outdoors and recommending that people wear gloves as an extra precaution.
From a reader perspective we are also taking action where a reader remains concerned. In a few cases we have suspended delivery to a specific letterbox.
You may also want to watch:
I hope this message helps you to understand just some of the measures we are taking on what is a fluid situation moving almost hour by hour basis.
Finally, please keep safe and my best wishes.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Editor, The Hunts Post.