Fourth car wash in Huntingdonshire targeted in as many weeks
ANOTHER car wash in Huntingdonshire was attacked by arsonists this morning (Tuesday).
The fire at a hand car wash off the A1 between Little Paxton and Southoe, shortly before 2am, was the fourth in as many weeks.
Firefighters from St Neots and Huntingdon arrived to find part of the forecourt was well alight, and involved a car and a storage shed.
On Easter Sunday (April 8) the Cool Water Hand Car Wash, in Huntingdon Street, St Neots, was set fire for the second time, after it was petrol-bombed on March 27.
The Hand Car Wash off the A428 at Caxton Gibbet was targeted on April 5. Investigators say the fire was deliberately started in a fuse box.
You may also want to watch:
Police are linking the two attacks on the St Neots car wash but said the Caxton Gibbet fire was unrelated.
The fire was under control at 2.30am.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
A fire spokesman said the fire was started deliberately.