Four schools burgled in as many days
- Credit: Archant
FOUR schools have been targeted by thieves in the last week.
Pendragon Community Primary School, in Papworth, Longsands Community College, Kimbolton School and Great Paxton Church of England School were all broken into by burglars who stole money, computer equipment and diesel.
The school in Great Paxton was targeted about 9pm yesterday (Wednesday), Kimbolton between 6.50pm on Tuesday and 6.50am the following day, Longsands between 6pm and midnight on Monday, and Pendragon at 8.30pm on Monday.
Schools in Foxton and Dry Drayton were also burgled.
Detective Inspector Ian Simmons said: “I am keen to hear from anyone who may have any information about these thefts.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re working with Cambridgeshire County Council and local schools giving them crime prevention advice and asking them to remove cash from their schools.
“I have officers reviewing CCTV footage, but I would like local residents to call us if they have any information or see anything suspicious in the area.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.