Four colleagues celebrate 130 years at dental practice
- Credit: Archant
Four colleagues from Bupa Dental Care in St Neots are celebrating a significant milestone after sharing a combined 130 years of serving the local community.
Tracey Walker, aged 54, Tracey Thomas, aged 48, Lesley Stewart, aged 52 and Leigh Ottolangui, aged 60, who are all local to St Neots, have worked at the dental practice for between 20 and 43 years, making them some of the longest serving employees of any business in the area.
From starting out their careers as 'floating nurses', in the total time they've worked at the practice the now qualified dental nurses and practice co-ordinator have managed more than 400,000 patient visits.
The four colleagues, who have become close friends during their time working together, were toasted by their team at a special lunch, to thank them for their long-term commitment to the practice and community.
Celebrating 40 years as a dental nurse, Leigh Ottolangui, said: "The past 40 years working at the St Neots practice has been an amazing journey. A lot has changed over the years, so I've never stopped learning and it's exciting to see the practice as it is today.
"The team and I are like a family, always supporting each other and I feel lucky to call my colleagues my friends. Patients also benefit from us having worked here for so long as seeing a familiar face helps put people at ease, as not everyone likes visiting the dentist."
Practice manager of Bupa Dental Care St Neots, Valerie Gotch, said: "We're incredibly proud to have these four fantastic women working here. Their time spent working at the clinic has allowed the ladies to build strong relationships with patients, and this not only creates a great customer experience but also enhances quality of care.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 3 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 4 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
"To have 130 years of combined experience is an incredible achievement, but also a priceless asset to the team. The passion and dedication Tracey Thomas, Tracey Walker, Lesley and Leigh have for their patients and the rest of the team is inspirational and they are great mentors and role models for junior dental professionals."