Former sergeant at police headquarters in Huntingdon jailed for child sex crimes
- Credit: Archant
A former Cambridgeshire police sergeant who admitted a string of serious sexual offences has today (Monday) been jailed for 14-and-a-half years.
Nick Lidstone, 54, who was based at force headquarters in Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to 13 offences at Norwich Crown Court last month and was sentenced this afternoon at the same court.
The offences were three counts of rape, three counts of indecency with a child, two counts of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent, two counts of assault by penetration, one count of sexual assault, one count of indecent assault and one count of taking indecent photographs of a child.
He was arrested on June 26 and dismissed for gross misconduct on December 9 by the Chief Constable.
DCC Alec Wood said: “The sentence handed out today reflects the horrendous nature of Lidstone’s crimes, which were committed over a prolonged period of time.
You may also want to watch:
“We want the public and our own employees to feel confident about raising concerns about the conduct of our officers and staff. We will always investigate these cases thoroughly and ensure any offenders are brought to justice.”
Lidstone pleaded not guilty to two counts of indecency with a child, two counts of indecent assault, one count of sexual assault and one count of assault by penetration and these will lie on file.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'