Former Ramsey paramedic due in court over rape charges
- Credit: Archant
A 44-year-old man has been summoned to attend court in connection with a number of serious sex offences.
Andrew Wheeler, of Signal Road, Ramsey, is summoned for six counts of the rape of a woman aged 16 years of age or over, one attempted rape and two sexual assaults.
The offences are alleged to have taken place while Mr Wheeler was working as a paramedic for the East England Ambulance Service Trust and volunteering for St John Ambulance.
The summons relates to nine offences which are alleged to have taken place between 2002 and 2018.
Wheeler is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates' Court on October 14.
You may also want to watch:
If you have concerns in relation to these allegations, contact Cambridgeshire police on: 01480 422567.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: "It would be inappropriate for us to make any comment while criminal proceedings are ongoing. We would urge anyone who has concerns in relation to these allegations to contact us on 01603 481225."
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 'Glad to see an end to 2020' - Anne-Marie Hamilton
- 9 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible