Former Ramsey paramedic due in court over rape charges
- Credit: Archant
A 44-year-old man has been summoned to attend court in connection with a number of serious sex offences.
Andrew Wheeler, of Signal Road, Ramsey, is summoned for six counts of the rape of a woman aged 16 years of age or over, one attempted rape and two sexual assaults.
The offences are alleged to have taken place while Mr Wheeler was working as a paramedic for the East England Ambulance Service Trust and volunteering for St John Ambulance.
The summons relates to nine offences which are alleged to have taken place between 2002 and 2018.
Wheeler is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates' Court on October 14.
You may also want to watch:
If you have concerns in relation to these allegations, contact Cambridgeshire police on: 01480 422567.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: "It would be inappropriate for us to make any comment while criminal proceedings are ongoing. We would urge anyone who has concerns in relation to these allegations to contact us on 01603 481225."
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k